Cloud Girl's Microsoft Blog
Office 365 Issues
So yet again we are having some issues activating Office 365 keys. Usually the way it works is you get a mail from Microsoft telling you that your licenses are ready. And all you have to do is “click here”. You are then asked if you have an account or need to create an account!
When you click I need to create an account, this error appears!
This error is unknown, I called support, and they can’t identify it. I tried google, and let’s face it, if Google doesn’t return any searches, there’s nothing out there on it!
I did find a workaround though, if you have another account, (any O365 account will do, you won’t be applying the key to it) you can click “I have an account” and sign in, the key will then be displayed and you can copy it. DO NOT CLICK ACTIVATE, if you do, you will apply the licenses to the wrong account!
Instead of activating, simply copy the key, and go to www.office.com/setup365 and you can set the account up from here!
As always, if you need help or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give me a shout at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moving from Midsize Business to one of the new Business Plans
- Add Partner of Record Link missing from Office365 Portal.
- Office365 in Education
- Exchange Online Advanced Threat Protection
- Office 365 Issues
- Microsoft Cashback is BACK!
- Office 365 Price Increase
- Skype for Business - New features preview
- Office 365 Transition Guide